Production Supervisor I
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Production Supervisor Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Production Supervisor Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Coordinates resources across one or more shifts to ensure smooth and efficient manufacturing operations while promoting a team environment and continuously improving all production methods while adhering to all safety procedures. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a group of employees. Responsible for training and development of hourly employees, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational polices. This first level of Supervisor is in the least complex functional areas.
- Supervises the manufacturing functions across one or more shifts, which includes reviewing production orders or schedules to ensure the manufacturing of product(s) is completed and scheduled delivery dates are met.
- Plans and reviews production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
- Schedules and assigns work to meet production requirements. Utilizes the appropriate personnel based on skill sets.
- Evaluates, develops and ensures appropriate training processes are completed when employees move to different jobs.
- Coaches and develops employees in, problem solving, scheduling, equipment problems, training, etc.
- Works with safety committee by attending safety meetings, working on safety projects, supporting safety within their department(s), completing safety surveys, and performing safety training.
- Supports employees in the area of quality assurance. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and plant are understood and met within all departments this position supervises.
- Resolves employee relation issues through effective remediation techniques. Utilizes human resources and/or manager to assist in solving unresolved work-related problems.
- Involved in the hiring process for hourly employees. Responsible for employee counseling and disciplinary actions, including recommendations for termination.
- Maintains and adheres to the operational budget for departments supervised.
- Maintain shift reports and records. Verify employee’s time in KRONOS.
- Work with Supervisors in other departments to coordinate activities.
College degree is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Typically 1 -2 years of manufacturing experience is required depending upon functional area.
- Technical Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of math as well as computers.
- Proven mechanical ability.
- Non-technical Competencies:
- Leadership (team development, ability to influence).
- People development (assessment of others, feedback/coaching, delegation, motivating others, performance management, communicating expectations).
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation).
- Communication (verbal communication listening, written communication, on-the-job training).
- Judgment and thinking (original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving).
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail planning and organizing, efficiency).
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment flexibility, assertiveness, development orientation, resilience, quality orientation).
Associates Supervised: This position will supervise direct employees.
Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching and stooping may be required. Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top