PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - HARD SURFACE - NIGHTS
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
- Facilitate the achievement of production volume and shipping requirements as part of the plant management team.
- Create a learning organization: establish team member training and development plans, coach team members in team work and maintain high performance work systems.
- Uphold plant principles of excellence.
- Promote world class manufacturing.
- Charter and facilitate teams: cross-functional and cross shift.
- Manage the budget for the assigned sequence.
- Support necessary plant operating systems to control and improve the manufacturing process for growth of all shifts.
- Support and facilitate the Continuous Improvement Process to improve all aspects of the business.
- Maintain effective communication throughout the organization.
- Ensures adherence to and facilitate team member training and compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Follows safety procedures, standard operating procedures, and quality policies and regulations.
- Consistently strive to increase knowledge of all sequences in order to manage all areas of the process
- Any other duties as assigned
- BS in Business or Wood Technology preferred - High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing, preferably managing high performance work teams. Min. of 2 years in a leadership role.
- Experience in wood manufacturing preferred
- Ability to lead and facilitate teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Ability to use and teach others to use quality tools and problem-solving methodology.
- Strong manufacturing planning skills.
- Understanding and experience in a highly participative workplace; understands theory and practice of empowerment and high performance work systems. Able to manage with minimum supervision.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top