PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - 12 HR NIGHTS
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Facilitate the achievement of production volume and shipping requirements as part of the plant management team.
- Create a learning organization: establish team member training and development plans, coach team members in team work and maintain high performance work systems.
- Uphold plant principles of excellence.
- Promote world class manufacturing.
- Charter and facilitate teams: cross-functional and cross shift.
- Manage the budget for the assigned sequence.
- Support necessary plant operating systems to control and improve the manufacturing process for growth of all shifts.
- Support and facilitate the Continuous Improvement Process to improve all aspects of the business.
- Maintain effective communication throughout the organization.
- Ensures adherence to and facilitate team member training and compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Follows safety procedures, standard operating procedures, and quality policies and regulations.
- Consistently strive to increase knowledge of all sequences in order to manage all areas of the process
- Any other duties as assigned
- BS in Business or Yarn Technology preferred - High School Diploma or GED Required.
- 5+ years experience in manufacturing, preferably managing high performance work teams. Min. of 2 years in a leadership role.
- Experience in extrusion and weaving processes to make cloth manufacturing preferred
- Ability to lead and facilitate teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Ability to use and teach others to use quality tools and problem-solving methodology.
- Strong manufacturing planning skills.
- Understanding and experience in a highly participative workplace; understands theory and practice of empowerment and high performance work systems. Able to manage with minimum supervision.
Back to top