PRODUCTION OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Oversees the production planning, staffing and day to day manufacturing operations in a cost effective manner for assigned department. Plans production operations, establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products. Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, manufacturing processes, achieving goals, etc. Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets, to ensure the cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers.
- Plans production operations, establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products for the department; monitors production orders or schedules to ensure product(s) are manufactured and scheduled deadlines are met in order to plan department operations; prepares operational schedule and coordinates department activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications; monitors and reports daily production output and operational status.
- Actively participates in process improvement, modifications, upgrade and expansion projects for the facility; works closely with the Maintenance and/or Engineering Department(s) to plan and coordinate routine, preventative and emergency maintenance to maximize equipment availability and production output, and minimize production downtime and operational delays
- Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling, disciplinary action, terminations, equipment problems, etc. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work related problems; evaluates the issue and meets with supervisors and human resources to determine the most effective remediation technique.
- Works closely with plant safety and quality teams to proactively identify issues and develop and/or enhance related programs and procedures; ensures programs are maintained, the department and plant is in compliance with established standards, and the appropriate training and equipment if given to all employees.
- Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets, to ensure the cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers. Actively participates on short-term planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing process and material requirements based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc.
- Performs other duties as required
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job and 6+years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership/supervisory role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
Back to top