Production Operations Manager
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Manufacturing professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Assistant Plant Management Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Assist Plant Manager in manufacturing and logistics related activities for assigned manufacturing plant(s). Responsible for the supervision, through plant supervisors, of the manufacturing activities of the plant. This position is immediately subordinate to the Plant Manager and is responsible for continuous and efficient production in desired quantity and quality.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Assists the Plant Manager with effective and efficient operations of assigned manufacturing plant(s), to include engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, materials, planning, production, quality, etc. Assists with plant performance to meet divisional goals and provides for the right skills mix and production processes to meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements and specifications.
- Exercises direct supervision over departmental or general supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production, meeting production schedules and delivery dates
- Stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity of both supervisors and production workers. Encourage efficient utilization of equipment and facilities. Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines and employees.
- Assures the availability of material to meet manufacturing plans consistent with customer needs, inventory restraints and profit requirements by managing the materials function including imports, purchasing, inventory control and planning. Assists with logistics function from inbound freight, receiving, warehousing, line stock, project inventory, work in progress, stock in progress, work order management through outbound freight, etc for all functional areas
- Confers with Plant Manager in establishment of shift standards and working schedules for all departments connected with production. Maintains compliance to budgetary limitations and directing and coordinating activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters; managing all aspects of requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of assigned projects.
- Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices; stays abreast of industry trends, technology changes and “best practices”, proactively identifying opportunities to enhance production technology, process flows, operating and tactical plans to improve efficiency, product quality and manage cost
- Performs other duties as required
BS degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job. Five to eight years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment overseeing multiple production functions simultaneously
- 8 years in a leadership/management role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
- A working knowledge of Labor Law and related laws as set forth in National decree that regulates the industry.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s vision, mission organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of product development life cycle, dynamics of manufacturing environments, operational and tactical plans, processes and techniques.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top