PRODUCT MANUFACTURING SPECIALIST - SHEET VINYL
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IVC Group Facility
101 IVC Drive
The Product Manufacturing Specialist will improve the quality, through-put and cost of the product by providing process improvements within the CV plant operations. This position will also be responsible for the development of process specifications and process parameters necessary to meet or exceed customer expectations. The CV Product Manufacturing Specialist must also work directly with Manufacturing, R&D, Quality, Maintenance/Engineering and all raw material and equipment vendors for the CV business unit. The CV Product Manufacturing Specialist will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Develop operating specifications and standard operating procedures for all CV processes.
- Aid Engineering in the development of process operating specifications and provide support to manufacturing by troubleshooting quality problems or processing issues in the operation.
- Conduct new material evaluations and organize trials in the plant including the documentation of all process parameters, equipment set-up and raw material specifications.
- Work to improve quick change-over capability in each process of the operation.
- Create Standard Combination work in each area in order to improve operator efficiency and remove waste.
- Work directly with the Quality department to establish specifications used to monitor the quality of work, in process materials and finished products.
- Research and develop new technologies, materials, and equipment that can be applied to the CV processes to further optimize the performance and manufacturing of our products.
- Assist Production Supervisors with the development of the Production Associates on line set-up, troubleshooting and process monitoring.
- Maintain records of major downtime and quality issues of each plant process. Must be able to develop and execute corrective actions and monitor trend performance.
- Attend quality audits, product reviews, competitor analysis and other plant audit functions and evaluate for negative movement in performance trends.
- Bachelor Degree in a technical/operations field preferred.
- A High School diploma and a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing related field required.
- Greenbelt / Six Sigma Training Preferred
- Must be a self- starter/motivated.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to have assignment/tasks completed through other people.
- Working knowledge of the CV processes (Compounding, Printing, and Coating).
- Computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Must be able to access manufacturing equipment to evaluate issues (climb, crawl, lift and stand).
- Ability to travel when needed including overnight stays as well as occasional international travel.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top