PRODUCT MANAGER - RESIDENTIAL CARPET
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Responsible for the strategic product marketing direction for product/fiber categories. This includes conducting market research, product and price point positioning and driving product categories through all channels of distribution. May be responsible for one or multiple product categories.
- Conduct market research and compile information for trend analysis in product/fiber categories.
- Gather intelligence on competitive product, pricing and promotion and compile analysis in each product/fiber category.
- Establish key contacts with field sales and dealer network to enhance market research/market intelligence collection.
- Validate product strategy and conduct product presentations and field sales/dealer training.
- Establish product strategies to ensure product placement through all channels of distribution.
- SKU management: generate recommendations for new product additions and product deletions.
- Create new product positioning and establish recommended price points.
- Identify promotional opportunities needed to balance product sales to manufacturing capacities.
- Active involvement in making product presentations to major customers/field sales.
- Establish a working relationship with all levels of corporate and regional sales management.
- Establish a working relationship with all internal customers (i.e. Product Development, Sales, Marketing, Aligned Dealer, Builder, National Accounts, Home Centers, Distributors, etc.).
- Attend and participate at National and Regional Conventions/Shows.
- Manage Product Portfolio by fiber.
- Moderate travel required.
- Prepare monthly forcast.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Business, or related field with 4 years successful sales and product marketing experience preferably in the flooring industry.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the flooring industry and competitive challenges.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous project management experience in a cross-functional environment is required. Involving successfully organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation while fostering team collaboration and task commitment. Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret/ adapt system procedures or operating concepts to fit new situations.
- Ability to conceptualize, organize and execute new initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator – willing to take the initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while traveling in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.
- Creative thinker – innovative and visionary.
- Ability to work well in an autonomous, unstructured environment.
- Ability to travel independently and manage travel schedule.
No direct reports. May lead department projects providing work guidance to junior team members in areas such as checking work, answering questions, and providing performance information to management. May include indirect reporting relationships while working on major projects Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Normal office environment. Approx. 25% travel
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top