Product Manager I
Assists in planning and organizing an assigned product line(s) from conceptual stage through product life cycle to optimize profit, as well as meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives.
· Participates in the overall product strategy as well as the design, development, and introduction of new products.
· Presents and communicates new products and programs to field sales groups and customers.
· Works directly with existing domestic and international vendors to support on-going programs and products
· Assists Product Director with new supplier identification, qualification and set up.
· Collaborates with R&D, Manufacturing and Planning to assist Product Director with the development of new manufactured products.
· Investigates and resolves various service and qualities issues as identified by sales force and customers.
· Develops analytical tools to measure product line financial performance
· Develops and implements pricing and profit margin initiatives to achieve Product Team EVA objectives
· Develops new Product Plans and Forecasts and tracks progress of all elements associated with a new product launch.
· Conducts market research and identifies/tracks market trends
· Conducts competitive analysis on all key competitors
· Monitors vendor quality and shipping performance
· Meets with Planning regularly to develop and monitor inventory turns, forecasts, and service objectives
· Participates on assigned Fitness Teams
· Sets up item id’s and ensures accuracy of item id data
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business required. MBA preferred.
3 to 5 years of progressive product management experience in the finished building products area.
Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient with MS tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
Back to top