PRODUCT MANAGER - ACCESSORIES
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Responsible for the product marketing direction for assigned segment/category. This includes conducting market research, product and price point positioning and driving product categories through all channels of distribution. May be responsible for one or multiple product categories.
- Manage product development projects as dictated by company objectives
- Establish project phases, timelines, and milestones based on overall marketing goals
- Coordinate the execution and prioritization of the projects
- Facilitate interactions between necessary functional groups
- Ensure project is completed in agreed upon timeframe and report project results to leadership
- Lead the product management team in the execution of the new product development process
- Facilitate the multi-stakeholder and geographically distributed dynamics of the product’s functional groups
- Conduct market research and compile information for trend analysis in product categories.
- Gather intelligence on competitive product, pricing and promotion and compile analysis in each product category.
- Establish key contacts with field sales and dealer network to enhance market research/market intelligence collection.
- Validate product strategy and conduct product presentations and field sales/dealer training.
- Establish product strategies to ensure product placement through all channels of distribution.
- SKU management: generate recommendations for new product additions and product deletions.
- Create new product positioning and establish recommended price points.
- Identify promotional opportunities needed to balance product sales to manufacturing capacities.
- Active involvement in making product presentations to major customers/field sales.
- Establish a working relationship with all levels of corporate and regional sales management.
- Establish a working relationship with all internal customers (i.e. Product Development, Sales, Marketing, Aligned Dealer, Builder, National Accounts, Home Centers, Distributors, etc.).
- Attend and participate at National and Regional Conventions/Shows.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished and successful Product Management professional who has a minimum of three years experience and possesses comprehensive, well-rounded business skills and acumen. Working knowledge of manufacturing practices and sales process. Six Sigma or Lean experience preferred. Knowledge of the home décor or building products industry preferred.
Additionally, the individual will have:
- Experience managing the P&L for various product categories
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally with manufacturing, sales, finance and planning to deliver products to the customer that drive sales and profits
- Ability to influence and foster teamwork at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills that can be effective throughout all levels of the organization
- Must be in tune with a manufacturing company with an understanding of production planning and supply chain management
- Ability to conceptualize, organize and execute new initiatives
- Strong analytical skills to interpret/adapt system procedures or operating concepts to fit new situations
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail as well as self-motivated with a willingness to take the initiative
- Be a creative thinker who is innovative and visionary
- Self-starter, moves projects forward/handles responsibilities with little direction once fully trained.
- Executes responsibilities with a sense of urgence.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior experience and working knowledge of the flooring industry is a plus
A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Business is required and a MBA is preferred.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top