Procurement Specialist II
A Procurement Specialist II orders materials and supplies for manufacturing plant operations and performs administrative duties as necessary.
- Orders supplies and raw materials for manufacturing process.
- Purchases materials based on approved purchase requisitions.
- Prepares purchase orders (PO’s) for routine purchases and follows-up with vendor.
- Performs spot purchases for non-stock, emergencies, etc. as required.
- Generates various reports as needed.
- Prepares and faxes foreign and domestic requisitions.
- Reconciles invoices against purchase orders prior to payment.
- Maintains purchase order and invoice files, and other related purchasing records.
- Prepares packing lists for receiving of shipments.
- Communicates with suppliers regarding material and quantity requirement revisions, rate adjustments and incorrect materials.
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps manager informed of any problem areas.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Knowledge:
High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Supply Chain preferred.
Knowledge of ISO systems preferred.
Knowledge of JDE and/or SAP purchasing software(s).
Knowledge of Microsoft Office; i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, to perform various analysis and business correspondence.
Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and understand procedures in English.
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
Effective communication skills, listening skills, attention to details, and ability to organize and retrieve information.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive work
Back to top