PROCESS ENGINEER - VINYL MANUFACTURING
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
101 IVC DRIVE
DALTON, GA 30721
- Develops, assess and implements techniques and equipment of high complexity used in production processes to maximize the efficiency of the operations.
- As assigned works directly with manufacturing management staff to assess business needs and determine appropriate course of action in areas of manufacturing technology requirements and/or modifications, product and process quality standards and cost control applications.
- Trouble shoots problems with production staff and suggests/implements correction with limited supervision of more senior engineering staff.
- Identifies, defines and measures improvement opportunities for assigned projects of high complexity.
- Implements and documents potential process improvements for assigned projects.
- Prepares test reports, system documents and/or closing reports from assigned engineering projects of high complexity.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly maintenance and other reporting systems output as assigned.
- Assists in cross-functional projects or meetings as required. May provide assistance to junior level Process Engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline required
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- 3+ years of process improvement experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in an organization of comparable size and diversity.
Experience must include:
- Demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex manufacturing business issues/problems (Similar industry preferred)
- ISO 9000 knowledge and competence
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which included project leadership in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based manufacturing systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change. Advance knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean or similar methodology, training and experience required. Related certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working with automated process controls. Experience with advanced control techniques such as Dynamic Matrix Control, Model Predictive Control or similar techniques preferred.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top