PROCESS ENGINEER I
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Process Engineer I is responsible for process reliability, accuracy of data reporting and implementation of procedure and process changes. Drive safe and efficient work practices in an organization that excels through continuous improvement and sustainable process and project implementation.
- A fundamental belief of integrating safety into every aspect of the process; ensuring that ergonomic, environmental and health are evaluated in the work steps.
- Analyzes, supports and communicates quality, waste and efficiency data to all levels of the organization.
- Assists or leads the writing and training of technical documents that cover equipment, process control plans or standard operating procedure.
- Utilizes solid root cause analysis and the 5-Why process approach to exceed and sustain safety, quality and efficiency improvements in the facility.
- Drives the installation of new processes and equipment through the Management of Change (MOC) process, ensuring flawless project execution.
- Assists both the plant and corporate organization on small level project management.
- Create and develop presentations to communicate throughout the organization.
- Modeling skills that can assist in an evaluation of the value stream and find opportunities for continuous improvement.
- May be asked to take part is the tracking of customer claims and driving teams that are created to eliminate those occurrences.
- Collect, Analyze, and Control Data.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Ceramic, Mechanical or Industrial engineering required. Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality control. Working knowledge of OSIsoft (PI). Strong analytical approach to data and value stream modeling is preferred.
At least 2 years manufacturing experience with supervisory and quality control experience preferred.
Ceramic industry experience preferred.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may sit, climb or balance, talk or hear.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core competencies include strong communication skills, organization, data analysis and interpretation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to train and coach. Ability to coordinate priorities.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top