PROCESS ENGINEER I
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Responsible for process reliability, accuracy of data reporting and implementation of procedure and process changes.
• Trains hourly personnel to perform activities affecting quality and manufacturing processes
• Assists in writing and teaching process procedures to ensure corrective and preventative actions are taking place
• Supports quality and process reliability systems
• Accountable for problem solving in assigned priority areas utilizing corrective measures to maintain product quality standards
• Ensures safe and healthful working conditions and an organized work environment
• Supports the implementation of new manufacturing equipment
• Tracks and Documents customer claims
• Develops presentations as required
• Performs other duties as required
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Ceramic, Mechanical or Industrial engineering required. Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality control.
Manufacturing experience preferred. Knowledge of quality systems, including 6 Sigma, Lean and 5S systems.
Core competencies include strong communication and training skills, conflict resolution, organization, data analysis and interpretation. Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top