PROCESS ENGINEER I
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Responsible for providing support and assistance to the manufacturing operations in developing and implementation of production/processing methods and controls to meet quality and cost efficiency standards. Responsible for projects of moderate to high complexity for manufacturing operations.
- Implements quality and process reliability systems
- Provides instruction and mentoring to technicians and team members related to new products, process optimization/improvement, routine manufacturing and process safety
- Independently writes reports and makes oral presentations on project/process work.
- Maintains clear and complete records of procedures and observations. Summarizes results, makes recommendations and implements changes in procedures or equipment to optimize processes.Accountable for problem solving in assigned priority areas utilizing corrective measures to maintain product quality standards
- Analyzes, adapts and recommends potential change of course as unknown issues or problems surface or opportunities emerge
- Analyze data and work with team to reduce downtime and improve shift operating efficiencies.
- Complies with all company’s safety rules and procedures
- Executes continuous improvement projects using local team members as an integral part of the team.
- Communicates effectively with all team members in the plant (forklift drivers, operators, technicians, managers, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS Engineering degree required, Mechanical strongly preferred with a background in a manufacturing environment.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment required.
- Lean and Six Sigma tools experience desirable.
- Capable of instructing others.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control concepts, set-up, use and care of equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality on Unilin specific technology and projects.
- Knowledge of all safe handling and disposal requirements for all raw materials used and intermediate and finished goods.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Works independently for extended periods with minimal instruction from supervisor.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top