Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
- Directs and coordinates activities of sequences concerned with the production of engineered flooring so that safety, quality, service and cost targets are met or exceeded
- Establishes manufacturing capacities based on equipment and labor availability.
- Ensures continuous and efficient production in desired quantities and in a timely manner to meet logistic schedules.
- Manages staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Manages staff by setting priorities and establishing annual objectives based on overall plant priorities and objectives. Tracks sequence results against objectives routinely, and provides feedback on performance
- Develops and/or reviews performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and process improvement.
- Establishes, maintains, and analyzes budgets, records, and other controls to continually minimize costs consistent with efficient operations.
- Establishes and implements departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with other leaders and staff members as necessary.
- Determines staffing requirements and oversees personnel processes, including individual performance reviews, within sequences.
- Ensures appropriate training of staffs as need is identified.
- Supports quality system improvements as identified by the team.
- Identifies and implements process improvements to meet or exceed objectives for safety, quality, service and cost
- Ensures compliance with all EPA, DEQ and OSHA regulations and the development of plant systems
High School diploma required. BS in Business or Wood Technology preferred
5+ years experience in manufacturing, preferably managing high performance work teams
Experience in wood manufacturing preferred
Ability to lead and facilitate teams.
Ability to communicate effectively up/down/across the organization.
Ability to use and teach others to use quality tools and problem-solving methodology.
Strong manufacturing planning skills.
Understanding and experience in a highly participative workplace; understands theory and practice of empowerment and high performance work systems. Able to manage with minimum supervision.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top