Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Lead various business functions including Production Operations, Facilities, EHS, Quality and New Process Development.
–CC Communicates with management and all employees to ensure understanding of plant metrics and direction.
–Maintains active involvement with local community and governmental agencies.
–Creates long term vision and develops strategic plans to aggressively drive toward the vision of a World Class Manufacturing Plant.
–Plans, develops and implements tactical plans to achieve manufacturing goals, personnel development and business objectives.
–De Develops regular communication methods to share the long term vision, inspire/motivate all employees to quest the same vision, ensure complete alignment of all employees working toward the same goals and generate excitement/sense of accomplishment by tracking to high level performance metrics.
–Cleary define roles and responsibilities of employees to promote OWNERSHIP and ACCOUNTABILITY at all levels
–Creates, hires and trains effective teams to optimize performance metrics, foster continued growth and develop succession paths.
–Verifies alignment of department goals and activities with plant goals.
–Verifies alignment of plant goals and activities with organizational goals.
–Drives organizational performance to meet goals.
–Tracks key performance metrics and gives direction and priorities to the team.
–Ensures staff receives adequate training and development to meet current job requirements and to prepare for future needs.
–Ensure effective systems and staffing is in place to maintain consistent production, quality, delivery and safety performance.
–Coaches and regularly reviews performance of direct reports.
–Develop budgets and approves expenditures.
–Drive financial performance, goal setting, goal achievement and continuous improvement activities.
–Initiates and coordinates inventory and cost control improvements.
–Leads the process to develop existing processes and works in conjunction with the “Capital Innovation” team to develop new manufacturing technologies required for new products.
–Ensures compliance with all regulatory and organizational programs such as Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental; OSHA; EEOC; Affirmative Action; State and Federal Environmental Agencies and Sabanes-Oxley.
–EH Ensures development of a robust EH&S system, personally monitors and conducts reviews to verify effectiveness.
•M OSHA Incident Rate, Plant workplace organization, Environmental Compliance
–Qu Ensures development of a robust quality control system, personally monitors and conducts reviews to verify effectiveness.
•M Customer claims, Plant process audit performed by Quality Director
–Del Ensures production schedules and inventory requirements are achieved
•M On-time delivery to Customer Request, Inventory turns (lumber, WIP & Finished Goods)
–Co Ensures cost effective production of solid wood flooring, manages cost/benefit decisions to net lowest cost alternative
• Plant Manufacturing Variance, Total Produced Cost/sqft vs Target
· Advanced manufacturing principles including Lean Manufacturing;
· General accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data;
· Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
· Eight (8) or more years experience in manufacturing environment;
· Five (5) years previous management experience;
· Experience in dealing with all levels of management and employees;
· Experience in driving performance in an environment focused on continuous improvement, world class manufacturing, and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Active listening
· Strong communications and interpersonal
· Strong organizational skills
· Sound judgment and decision making
· Effectively able to do data analysis and interpretation
· Coaching style of leadership
· Great at motivating, developing, and directing others
· Able to identifying the best people for the job
· Strong computer skills
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled