Responsible for all manufacturing and logistics related activities for assigned manufacturing plant. Manages all resources related to manpower, physical assets, and capacities in accordance with overall company guidelines and operating principles; reviews and interprets plant performance against operating plans and standards; assures the availability of material to meet manufacturing plans and manages all inventory requirements to support the plant and division goals. Actively participates on Division short- and long-term strategic planning meetings and projects.
Duvall Rd Facility
Responsible for the effective and efficient operations of assigned manufacturing plant(s), to include engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, materials, planning, production, quality, etc. Ensures plant performance meets divisional goals and provides for the right skills mix and production processes to meet or exceed internal and external customer requirements and specifications.
Establish and maintain competitive production facilities, a motivated workforce and a safe and healthy work environment with flexibility and minimum cost. Directs the indirect labor, direct labor, fixed and variable cost reduction programs, establishes and communicates specific objectives and goals for each subordinate unit; maintains a skilled and motivated workforce to meet the current and future needs of the plant. Works with plant management teams to plan, develop and control operations, budgets and resources to ensure the most cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers.
Proactively reviews and interprets plant performance against operating plans and standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results; recommends, solicits feedback for and approves changes in plans to address deficiencies and plan deviations to ensure division/plant goals and objectives are accomplished; presents reports on plant and project performance, changes, scope variations, and other related matters to senior management.
Assures the availability of material to meet manufacturing plans consistent with customer needs, inventory restraints and profit requirements by managing the materials function including imports, purchasing, inventory control and planning. Directs all logistics function from inbound freight, receiving, warehousing, line stock, project inventory, work in progress, stock in progress, work order management through outbound freight, etc for all functional areas;
Actively participates on Division short- and long-term strategic planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing process and material requirements based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc. Leads or actively participates on division/plant projects, this includes but is not limited to: developing project plans, directing and coordinating activities to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters; managing all aspects of requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of assigned projects.
Proactively seeks ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends and competitors’ practices; stays abreast of industry trends, technology changes and “best practices”, proactively identifying opportunities to enhance production technology, process flows, operating and tactical plans to improve efficiency, product quality and manage cost
Performs other duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (Graduate degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job. 10+years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
• experience working in a manufacturing environment overseeing multiple production functions simultaneously
• 8+ years in a leadership/management role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
• strategic planning and analysis, and management consulting with strong emphasis on relationship management
• resource management to meet goals and objectives
• business process re-engineering or process improvement experience, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change and to develop efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
• project management experience that involves organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s vision, mission organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of product development life cycle, dynamics of manufacturing environments, operational and tactical plans, processes and techniques.
- In-depth understanding of and advocates for OSHA and other Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory guidelines, practices and reporting requirements that a safe, efficient and effective work environment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management; internal and external customers, vendors and the general public; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
Ability to present and explain information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas.
Ability to achieve results through team efforts, to persuade, lead, counsel and coach a diverse work group.
Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments; ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
Consistently proven ability to manage/implement projects and contribute to concept development.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top