PLANT ENGINEER/MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Customer Service Rep III is responsible for providing a variety of support, customer service and office administration duties related to servicing DB customers. Provides information to customers via telephone regarding product order status, delivery status, and coordination of product returns.
- Prepares annual capital budget for approval. Generates required engineering data, bid sheets, ROI calculations, Capital Requests for approval. Executes approved projects on time and within budget, insures equipment is properly and safely installed, and performs to project specifications.
- Prepares data for maintenance budget for manufacturing operations and monitors expenditures to maintain compliance with annual budget. Coordinates with Plant Managers and Maintenance Supervisors.
- Plans, coordinates and implements plant safety programs in cooperation with Human Resources as well as the EH&S Department, as applicable.
- Investigates equipment reliability issues and initiates necessary corrective actions, as applicable. Maintains and enhances the preventive maintenance program per ISO requirements. Insures proper tools and equipment and supplies are available to maintenance group.
- Meets regularly with Plant Manager to review engineering needs, capital spending and maintenance issues. Keeps Plant Manager continually apprised of all appropriate equipment maintenance conditions, capital projects status and equipment obsolescence issues throughout the plant.
- Insures proper inventories of spare parts, wear parts, and appropriate operating supplies are established for all new equipment installations. Reviews existing spare parts inventories in collaboration with Maintenance Supervisors to ensure the appropriate parts are stocked and the correct inventory levels are maintained.
- Leads maintenance associate relations programs. Oversees issue resolution by providing coaching and counseling expertise to subordinates and their direct reports, as applicable, to maintain optimum working relations and productivity.
- Develops and implements cost reduction initiatives and encourages subordinates to do the same. Monitors process reliability and implements changes to improve results.
- Oversees work order review meetings and works with production supervision to prioritize and schedule maintenance work to minimize downtime and maximize equipment reliability.
- Insures proper and complete training of all subordinate associates to meet present and future requirements. Develops maintenance group competency and proficiency and insures all aspects of company policy is administered appropriately. Evaluates performance of subordinates and recommends merit pay increases. Assists subordinates, as applicable, with performance evaluations of their direct reports.
- Investigates develops and implements new methods for improving plant productivity, performance, reducing operating costs to increase internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Plans and implements projects for plant expansions and improvements.
- Design, plan and manages installations of various equipment and systems including, but not limited to: HVAC piping and building ventilation systems, new production equipment, etc.
- Works closely with Environmental, Health and Safety group to ensure equipment meets EHS specifications.
- Develops drawings utilizing AutoCad for various projects, manages projects in a timely manner utilizing MSProject.
- Develops and manages supplier capabilities/pricing to meet Dal-Tile operating and budget needs.
- Negotiates pricing with vendors and contractors.
- Purchases equipment for various projects.
- Verifies and approves all invoices for payment.
- Maintains project forecasting and budgeting and compiles total operating costs.
- Directly responsible for the management of all auxiliary equipment maintenance including but not limited to, kiln scrubbers, dust extraction equipment, air compressors, water treatment facilities, all land and building related upkeep and housekeeping.
- Liaises with all utility service providers on matters relating to unbroken supply of service, scheduled outages, emergency response in case of service disruption etc.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, OR 10+ years project engineering experience in the ceramic tile industry production environment. Must be knowledgeable of ceramic tile manufacturing processes, maintenance practice, AutoCad and MSProject
5 plus years of mechanical engineering experience. 2 – 3 years of prior project engineering and project management experience preferred.
Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to delegate, organize and plan technical work; ability to gather, analyze and interpret complex data; ability to communicate and implement plant maintenance activities to meet specified goals; ability to justify, plan, control and execute capital projects; ability to work with peers as a team player; ability to train, motivate and coach subordinate associates; Must be able to work extended hours as required to maintain production continuity and to insure capital projects are completed on-time and within budget.
Back to top