PLANT CONTROLLER II
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Finace Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Plant Controller II Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Manages the plant’s budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning. Performs all aspects of general accounting and assists with audits, reconciliations and analysis of capital projects as needed.
- Serves as a member of the plant management team to maintain the integrity of the plant’s financial statements, as well as, support plant management on business decisions.
- Develops standard product costs.
- Accumulates, interprets and evaluates plant production and shipping data required to develop standard cost and/or efficiency measures.
- Performs month end closing duties including: preparing journal entries, reviewing financial accounts and performing account reconciliations.
- Prepares the annual operating budget.
- Prepares monthly forecasts.
- Schedules daily production and tracks schedule adherence.
- Audits and report on daily production.
- Prepares weekly and monthly plant financial reports.
- Provides various other ad hoc reports as needed.
- Performs special projects and analysis including: variance analysis, capital project requests, purchasing savings and shutdown/mix analysis.
- Consults with plant management in all functional areas of the plant to gather information concerning production, inventories, efficiencies, and plant payroll. Consults with Headquarters finance, billing, purchasing and marketing to secure and/or verify financial and pricing information.
- Performs other related analytical duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- Beginning course work towards CPA, CMA, or other comparable certification preferred.
- 5+ years of job specific work experience required.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, financial accounting principles and practices, specifically as they apply to costing, capital expenditure, budgeting and internal reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of finance control, processes, and systems, as well as cost estimation and control, and budget management.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability to present and explain business and financial information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, a demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans, and ability to solve problems involving remote and elusive symptoms often spanning multiple environments in a business area
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Organizational ability to redirect skills to support new technologies while maintaining current commitments; ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
Normal office environment
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top