Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Finace Professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Plant Controller Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Plant(s). Ensures financial activities are in line with the Division Goals and objectives, in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and complying with company and government regulations. Acts as liaison between the plant senior management and division finance team, proving financial advise, support and direction in accordance with division strategy and direction.
- Works directly with plant senior management preparing annual budgets and reports that summarizes and forecasts plant business activity and financial position past, present and expected. Responsible for accurate accounting classification of all expenditures, including cash flow, manufacturing cost, capital, etc; the preparation, maintenance, timely and accurate reporting of all plant accounting ledgers and other financial and statistical reports, related and supporting detail or sub-ledger files and reports in accordance with Division policies, practices and timelines.
- Applies critical thinking skill, financial modeling and other best practices to determine best financial approach, to meets productivity and financial goals while maintaining budget controls.
- Responsible for the day-to-day plant accounting activity, developing and implementing solutions to daily accounting issues where procedures may not be well defined Maintains the plants financial, statistical and productivity reports and reporting systems, analyzing variances to plan, forecast and prior year periods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline. Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of job specific work experience required.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, financial accounting principles and practices, specifically as they apply to costing, capital expenditure, budgeting and internal reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of finance control, processes, and systems, as well as cost estimation and control, and budget management.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas: strategic planning and analysis, and management consulting with strong emphasis on relationship management.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating or leading projects to include organizing, planning, and executing small to medium scale projects from vision through implementation, with diverse stakeholders such as internal plant personnel, and other business units.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Ability to present and explain business and financial information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with a proven ability to think through the intricacies of a given situation.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the division.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problem/issue, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation
We offer competitive wages and a benefit package that includes: medical/dental/vision insurance, prescription plan, long term disability, short term disability, life insurance 401(k) with company match, and much more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top