Organizational Learning and Development Specialist
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing individuals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries (NYSE:MHK; mohawkind.com), the world’s largest floor covering manufacturer, has a tremendous opportunity for a talented intern to help craft the organization’s internal communications and share information with community media outlets.
Coordinates leadership and organizational development training solutions as a global strategic partner across the enterprise. Assists with improving organizational performance by designing, tailoring, managing, and delivering a proactive, targeted, and measured suite of leadership and development solutions. The leadership and organizational development solution set includes training and education services, organizational development services, continuous improvement, performance management, developmental leadership services, succession planning and other employee advancement programs and services. Ensures proper measurement of intervention effectiveness as well as analytics used to support design and implementation of various types if training interventions. Consults with internal, business unit clients and collaborates with a design team to achieve intervention success.
- Leads partnership with senior line management, senior level human resources staff, and other relevant staff for coordinated performance improvement solution development, implementation and forecasting of training and education services and leadership principles.
- Leads creation, delivery, and maintenance of leadership development materials, including in-person and online training and other resources. Coordinate activities and functions to ensure the objectives for each program are accomplished in line with established priorities.
- Leads the formulation of reliable indicators and measures to assess intervention effectiveness and adjusts intervention strategy accordingly.
- Instructs and facilitates in a wide variety of education and training classes and leadership workshops.
- Manages and conducts initial Train the Trainer sessions with various facluty pools associated with the delivery of education and training programs and leadership workshops. Leads the quality control process for instructor performance within an assigned faculty pool.
- Integrates the latest technology in ways to enhance learning and performance improvement.
- Expected to role model Mohawk’s values and leadership principles related to how we approach our work and treat each other and acts as an indirect leader.
- Collaborate with Training Managers, business leaders, and subject matter experts to design, develop, and deploy learning solutions to address identified needs.
- Recommend the most appropriate means of delivering training, including instructor-led training materials, leader coaching guides, online self-guided training, eLearning solutions (storyboarding, simulation design, scripting for voice and video), and video solutions (scripting for voice and storyline) to support targeted skill development.
- Design, develop, and implement content for appropriate learning technologies.
- Format and deliver training appropriate for Mohawk’s Learning Management System.
- Manage multiple training projects simultaneously; develop project plans, coordinate resources, identify and overcome barriers, and ensure timely completion.
- Stay current on best practices within the learning industry by maintaining association memberships, researching trends, and attending relevant webinars and conferences.
- Audit training courses as necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Sciences, Management, Education, Organizational Development, or other related field required.
- Master’s degree and statistical background is preferred.
- 6+ years of learning design experience required.
- Skilled in the use of authoring and delivery applications such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, or other E-learning development software.
- History of effective collaboration with global business partners.
- A high level of skill with consulting, program design, and facilitation.
- Demonstrated abilities in design and development skills, with experience in analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation (ADDIE).
- Knowledge of adult learning theory preferred.
- The ability to cultivate relationships with senior level management and a demonstrated ability to lead projects involving assessment, program design, competency model building, and organizational development.
- Problem solving skills to successfully resolve issues that arise each day while eliminating obstacles to success in ongoing projects
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills. Ability to work in concert with others to accomplish objectives and goals.
- Ability to build solid working relationships across divisions/functions; ability to gain agreement on issues and next steps from diverse audiences.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management, internal and external customers
- Ability to present information accurately and effectively to diverse audiences; to formulate action plans and timelines and manage projects to those plans, and to track multiple initiatives simultaneously.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top