OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE II
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best Architect - Data Model professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing Architect - Data Model Professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
HOURS ARE FROM: 6:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
Covering Gordon and Chattooa Counties
To provide medical treatment, first aid for work related injuries and illnesses. Conducts training and participates in health and wellness fairs. Maintains OSHA logs/records and provides assistance with Workers Compensation cases.
- Provide medical assistance by :
- Assisting in medical emergencies
- Provide first aid and evaluation
- Dispense over the counter pain relievers to employees
- Conduct blood pressure checks for employees
- May perform blood sugar checks
- Provide basic medical education to employees
- Evaluate employees for return to work from accidents or leave of absence
- Responsible for the inventory of all medical supplies for the assigned facility
- On-Call 24/7 for work related injuries
- Perform Ishihara and Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Test
- Comply with OSHA regulations regarding workplace injuries:
- Must have the knowledge to distinguish between a recordable and non recordable accidents
- Maintain and file OSHA 300 logs
- Provide medical testing and training:
- Obtain certification and assist with annual CPR training and first aid training for First Responders
- Conduct blood borne pathogen training to new employees and annually to service workers
- Coordinate annual hearing test with contractors
- Conduct required respirator medical pre-checks and documentation
- Drug screening and collection
- Promote health, wellness and safety among employees:
- Serve as coordinator for Health Education Classes and programs, schedule annual flu shots campaign and blood drives as well as onsite screenings.
- Assist in providing local links for EAP services
- Attend monthly safety meetings, assist in accident investigations
- Assist with On-Site Coaching
- Work in conjunction with the Workers Compensation Department:
- Provide and explain the Workers Compensation Guidelines and Panel of Physicians to injured employees
- Provide steps to be taken in the event of an injury to management of the facility
- Document and file each Workers Compensation injury (includes initial incident report, doctor’s report after each visit, transitional duty requirements, weekly written documentation from departments and regular duty release with no restrictions.
- Compile information on job survey forms to be sent to physicians
- Ensure that departments inform of all workers compensation cases and report all cases to the Workers Compensation Department
- Complete medical information on incident report to assist in diagnosis
- Assist Human Resources as necessary:
- Provide information for realistic position demonstrations (RPD) for new hires and job transfers as well as Pre-placement physicals
- Assist in the collection of information for job postings and job analysis questionnaires
- Answer phone calls and direct to the appropriate party
- Must be a High School graduate and possess state licenses for Licensed Practical Nurse and
- Instructor Certificate from the American Red Cross (CPR).
- Requires at least two years of nursing experience.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all employee medical information
- Ability to interpret and follow oral or documented procedures, instructions, laws and policies.
- Ability to project a positive and professional image on behalf of the organization.
Work environment ranges from normal office environment to plant or warehouse facility.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, Unilin and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Back to top