MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - IVC - D SHIFT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
7:00 PM - 7:00 AM SHIFT
Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical equipment. Preventative maintenance processes must be followed and maintained. Must take part in diagnosis of production, quality, and/or safety issues and implement corrective actions as needed. Equipment at the facility includes blowers, mixers, pumps, hot oil boilers, air compressors, chillers, heat exchangers, printers, ovens, and various rotating equipment. Utilize lean manufacturing processes to drive process improvement and improve uptime.
Qualified candidates must be able to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Lead root cause analysis for equipment failures .
- Drive process improvements with lean tools such as 5S, TPM, and PM schedules.
- Receive assignments from Maintenance Supervision and/or Departmental Supervisors.
- Must keep equipment throughout the facility in good working order, including manufacturing equipment, utilities equipment, maintenance tools and equipment, and other miscellaneous items. Equipment requiring specialized skills may be serviced through a contracted service contractor.
- Troubleshooting equipment and systems, including various rotating equipment, plant utility systems, and manufacturing processes.
- Must fill out job reports, calibration reports, and checklists in a timely and accurate manner.
- Account for equipment downtime and parts consumed during the shift in SAP
- Must work with all maintenance personnel and outside contractors to keep equipment operational and to complete projects.
- Must be able and willing to participate in specific product training as required.
- Must be willing to assist in areas not typically defined as maintenance during special times of need.
- Perform multi craft functions within your current level of training and ability.
- Wear appropriate PPE and promote a safe working environment.
- High school diploma or higher, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to work with outside OEM Technicians and learn systems from them.
- Must be able to use common power and hand tools typical of industrial mechanical maintenance. Some basic welding and machine tool (lathe, mill, etc) operation skills are expected.
- Must be able to use precision measurement tools.
- Self Starter
- Able to work under pressure and stressful environment
- Able to work flexible hours
- Fast learner/Analyzer
- Trouble-shooter and problem solver
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of MS Office Professional Products.
- Able to participate in a team environment to solve problems and improve the process
- Commitment to company values
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
Welding certification and/or high level welding skill is a plus.
High level machining skills are a plus.
Reporting to this Position:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment could be high. May be required to work in high elevations.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top