Performs various basic mechanical duties under close supervision of a more experience mechanic.
- Under the close supervision of another Technician or Supervisor performs the following:
- Examines Selection Department machines and equipment to diagnose the source of trouble..
- Dismantles machines and performs repairs .
- Makes necessary machine adjustments for proper operations.
- Performs minor electrical repairs and installations.
- Operates pipe cutting and/or pipe bending equipment.
- Performs light welding and plumbing repairs.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps Production Supervisor/Manager informed of operational status of equipment.
- Keeps work area safe, clean, and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High School diploma or equivalent experience
0-1 years of related experience in industrial maintenance
Ability to troubleshoot. Ability to read and understand procedures in English.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may sit, climb or balance, talk or hear. The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate may be exposed to the risk of electrical shock or vibration. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Back to top