Material Handler - Torrington CT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
1st Shift Available - 4AM-4PM
The Material Handler is responsible for job duties that may include some or all of the following:
- Packaging, labeling, and loading product for delivery to internal departments and/or customers.
- Recording quality and output measures and completing other paperwork.
- Duties are performed under general supervision following standard work procedures and guidelines.
- Checks material for defects before beginning the packaging process and weighs finished product to ensure high quality products are delivered to internal departments and/or customers.
- Collects finished product and pre-packs it at a wrap/banding/bagging station.
- Manually loads packaged material onto pallets, skids, and boxes, and secures material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Pulls and stages materials as required to meet production demands.
- Place sleeve on vacuumed rolls to complete final packaging of product.
- Place proper labeling on packaged carpet pad rolls
- Operates related production equipment in a safe manner.
- Records quality and output measures, and completes any other necessary paperwork.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Performs other duties as required.
- May be required to use PC and other department specific database systems.
- Ability to read and write in Standard English.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition and subtraction.
- Prior experience in a warehouse or as a general laborer preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others in the immediate work unit and in related support areas.
- Ability to follow simple verbal and written instructions.
- Requires standing more than 2/3 of time.
- Ability to lift 80-100 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Demonstrated positive work habits, dependability, and good attendance.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend and twist without restriction.
Back to top