Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Material Handler operates various powered industrial trucks to receive, stock, pick and ship product at an RDC location. May be required to manually pack, check and prepare small packages (SPC) orders for shipping.
- Operates order picker equipment or stand-up forklift to assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets.
- Keys order into Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Verifies stock availability and audits orders for accuracy.
- Conveys picked orders to packing station or shipping area.
- Operates various powered industrial trucks to receive product into warehouse and prepare for stocking.
- Opens crates and inspects product.
- Applies labels to product according to established procedures.
- Verifies shading of product and places into accurate warehouse location.
- Operates various powered industrial trucks to transport finished product to and from truck carriers.
- Loads and unloads product to and from loading platform.
- Operates stretch wrap machines to wrap pallets.
- Utilizes stand-up forklift or order picker equipment to move product into pre-designated areas within warehouse once received.
- Keys location of product into inventory control system and places product onto shelves.
- Ensures product is placed into accurate location.
SPC Check/Pack Checking
- Wraps and packs products by hand into boxes for shipping.
- Labels boxes with packing slip.
- Loads boxes onto conveyor belt.
- Verifies orders for accuracy.
- Monitors equipment or processes and reports problems to supervisor.
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
High school diploma or equivalent experience.
One or more year’s previous distribution/warehouse experience. Must have a minimum of six months to one year previous stand-up forklift or other related order picker equipment experience.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 110 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core Competencies include good oral and written communications skills. Good record keeping skills. Good listening skills. Accurate measurement capability. Ability to understand and speak basic English. Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner. Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top