In partnerhsip with the Tile Council of North America (TCNA), Dal-Tile is assisting with the recruiting efforts for the Marketing Director role reporting into the TCNA organization.
The Director of Marketing will be responsible for directing the tile industry’s digital efforts to promote the usage of tile. This newly created position will be responsible for TCNA’s efforts to create, edit and aggregate content across TCNA and "Why Tile" websites and ensuring that content is created, reviewed, edited and published in a timely manner. The Director of Marketing will work with all types of content, including text, imagery, video, SEO, etc. The ideal candidate will have the vision to lead this effort and the collaborative skills to work with members, staff of the trade association, and a committee of industry stakeholders. The Director of Marketing must be an exceptional writer able to craft content, including technical elements, with an SEO background and excellent project management skills. This position reports to the Executive Director.
This position requires working both autonomously, with limited supervision, and collaboratively as described above, including with a Digital Content Writer/Editor who will be hired to further support these efforts.
• Lead industry collaborative digital communication and promotional efforts to communicate benefits of ceramic tile. This requires the vision and confidence to bring disparate interests together on common goals
• Establish marketing goals with Executive Director, committee of industry stakeholders, and trade association members
• Hire and work with PR firm and multiple content owners to edit, measure, and ensure consistent, accurate content delivery
• Work with outside legal to make sure promotional content meets FTC and other guidelines
• Provide reports to Executive Director, TCNA Marketing Committee, and to industry stakeholders
• Research, write and edit original SEO-ready content for TCNA and Why Tile websites, blogs, social channels, and other digital media, including case studies, newsletters, social content and more. Provide supporting content to other industry websites and media as needed and requested to further the "Why Tile" brand
• Supervise and direct the work of the Digital Content Writer/Editor and supervise and improve content for media from technical staff
• Interview, train, and supervise additional staff as department grows
• Ensure effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place to achieve marketing objectives within budget
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Marketing, or equivalent, and at least 5 years demonstrated marketing experience including writing/editing/publishing content specific for the web
• Flexible writing style to address multiple audiences
• Ability to generally understand scientific and technical journals of the tile industry, financial reports, and legal documents and desire to accurately convey technical content
• Ability to develop new topics and find a unique spin on existing topics as well as respond to inquiries and complaints
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, boards of directors, and industry stakeholders
• Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
• Proficiency in using social media software to monitor and engage in social media conversations
• Demonstrated project management experience and readiness/willingness to develop strategy and promote ideas. Easily accepts responsibility for successes and failures
• Experience in publishing content through various channels including web, social media & video
• Strong understanding of current industry techniques for digital content management
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; attention to detail with ability to work independently to ensure deadlines are met
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in fast paced environment and ability to work with others and find consensus with many stakeholders
• Ability to work well under pressure, effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands, appropriately prioritize responsibilities, and inform others on progress
• Ability and desire to take on additional responsibilities
Compensation and Location:
Compensation will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience. This position is located at 100 Clemson Research Blvd., Anderson, SC in the Clemson Research Park.
Back to top