Manufacturing / Engineering Intern - El Paso, TX
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
This summer internship allows students to experience a challenging introduction to engineering careers at Dal-Tile while obtaining hands on experience in an automated manufacturing environment. Internship opportunities exist at the following plants: El Paso, TX.
- Perform small scale batches using lab equipment.
- Hand press samples as needed for testing.
- Understand and use color monitoring equipment.
- Use and read various measuring devices such as scales, micrometers, etc.
- Make visual and written observations of process flow and equipment.
- Participate on continuous improvement project team(s).
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree in Ceramic or Materials Science Engineering that is ABET accredited.
- 0-1 year manufacturing experience.
- Prior internship or co-op experience a plus.
- Present verbal and written information and ideas clearly and effectively.
- Work well under tight time constraints.
- Maintain a high attention to detail.
- Understand interrelationships between applications and business processes.
- Develop and implement appropriate reports and metrics.
- Develop relationships with key functional groups.
- Identify issues, problems and opportunities while maintaining effectiveness in changing environment.
- Manage multiple priorities while achieving deadlines.
- Monitor departmental compliance with applicable local rules and regulation.
This is an internship position so there are no benefits.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top