MANAGER WAREHOUSE FACILITY I
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Manage the day-to-day warehouse and transportation functions of a Mohawk Distribution Center. Scope of position includes management of up to 20 employees and an annual budget of up to $1.5 MM. Responsible for meeting established performance standards, profitability objectives, and adherence to safety regulations.
- Hire, train and schedule all warehouse employees and truck drivers. Cross train and develop employee skills for work coverage and future growth opportunities.
- Monitor metrics and report on variances to budget.
- Promote safe work environment through adherence to OSHA and DOT regulations as well as Mohawk Safety policies and standards. Conduct regular safety meetings.
- Ensure all employees comply with corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversee inventory control, adjustments and cycle count process.
- Ensure all employees are treated in a fair, equitable and consistent manner.
- Develop positive relationships with customers, salespeople and vendors.
- Assist in loading freight when needed.
- Complete projects as assigned by management.
- Train employees on new programs, techniques and equipment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Four-year college degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. This includes a minimum of 2 years experience supervising employees and a proven track record of implementing cost-saving
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations
- Knowledge of Mohawk Safety standards
- Basic computer skills: Word & Excel
- Proficient with AS400
- Demonstrated knowledge of warehousing and logistics operations
- Excellent communicator and negotiator, both verbally and written
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and mentor employees
- Ability to initiate and work within own schedule and to determine priorities. Ability to exercise good judgment and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions to market and sell new ideas within the division
- PC proficiency and ability to understand basic mathematical concepts and calculations.
Position requires a combination of sitting, standing, walking and occasional lifting.
- Must be forklift certified and able to operate forklift equipment as needed.
- Ability to operate all equipment and machinery in the distribution center.
- Ability to lift 50 – 110 lbs.
- UPS/FedEx alumni strongly encouraged to apply
Back to top