MANAGER PURCHASING - Raw Materials
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
This position will manage raw material commodity strategies and hold suppliers accountable for top performance. This role will have direct commodity responsibility in addition to managing a small staff. The position will establish metrics and standards to ensure that purchased materials support quality, cost, delivery, and service levels.
- Create a peer review system to evaluate sourcing strategies that use negotiation and purchasing techniques ensuring the very best quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Manages supplier relations and contract compliance while maintaining highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Oversees cradle-to-grave process from intent to purchase, new supplier on-boarding, performance, and supplier exit. Tracks performance using dashboards for quality, delivery, service and cost.
- Achieve departmental objectives by measurement of KPI’s. Deliver aggressive year-over year cost down objectives.
- Responsible for forecasting raw material cost and consumption.
- Continuously analyze market and delivery conditions to ensure present and future material availability.
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D and PD to develop product specifications and source substitute and new materials.
- Identify and evaluate new/increased sources of supply that support plant expansions, new products, and sustainability objectives.
- Work with larger procurement team across Mohawk Industries business units to leverage enterprise wide spending, resources, and champion best practices in a matrix environment.
- Design raw material sourcing module of new SAP ERP system and lead migration there to.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, analytical, and problem solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and execution. Creative, calculated risk taker.
- Track record of project leadership including partnership/teambuilding with interdependent functions in Operations, R&D, PD, Engineering and Finance. Compliance systems with stakeholder endorsement.
- Experience in matrix environments.
- ERP system design, deployment and use with respect to Procure-To-Pay function.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, etc.
- Ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with Corporate standards.
- Ability to manage situations to which there has been no prior exposure or for which no clear road map exists
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
- Strong sense of personal and professional ethics. Acting with honor and character
- Creating the new and different; anticipates future consequences and trends; proactively identifies business needs and recommendations solutions
Back to top