Manager Organizational Development
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing individuals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries (NYSE:MHK; mohawkind.com), the world’s largest floor covering manufacturer, has a tremendous opportunity for a talented intern to help craft the organization’s internal communications and share information with community media outlets.
Manage the analysis, development, integration, and implementation of programs, initiatives and projects to support the organizational development goals of Mohawk Flooring. Oversee the coordination, scheduling, and all aspects of program operations and project work to ensure proper integration and alignment with overall system, department and program goals. Perform related responsibilities as assigned.
Program Planning, Design and Development
- Work with Director of Organizational Development to:
- Assess the goals and objectives of the Flooring division to align quality management training programs with organizational development needs. Design and conduct appropriate needs analysis and assessment for training and development requirements.
- Design, develop, plan, implement and market staff development and training programs based on identified needs through assessment.
- Collect and disseminate information on available training resources, methods, costs and program evaluation. Verify the quality of programs, the timeliness of program development and relevance to current trends and practices.
- Partner with department contacts to develop performance management improvement strategies and core competencies. Monitor trends in hiring, retention, development and turnover.
Program Delivery, Management and Evaluation
- Lead the program launch, including marketing and communication campaigns.
- Provide innovation in selecting and presenting workshops, in-services and training modules in quality management, customer satisfaction, workplace diversity, team building, leadership, conflict resolution and other areas as assigned.
- Monitor, measure, evaluate and report on program effectiveness, training program content, and participant satisfaction.
- Develop and coach in-house trainers and seek and obtain the services of external training consultants and/or presenters as necessary.
- Design and deliver formative and summative program evaluations.
- Prepare and/or deliver professional level written and verbal communications and/or presentations to project team members, program participants and program sponsors.
- Ensure communication plans are in place for appropriate follow-up and status reports.
- Create and maintain program-related websites
- Coordination production, distribution and archiving of electronic and hard copy materials required for each program.
- Coordinate the development of presentations and materials in partnership including: research and information assimilation, metrics, reports, PowerPoint slides, presentation charts, media, manuals and other materials.
- Develop communication and engagement plans to include all program stakeholders. Develop and communicate strategies to retain high performing and critical employees through focused reward, recognition and development activities.
- Design and facilitate meetings with key stakeholders.
Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Development, or related area required.
Masters degree in Organizational Development a plus.
Minimum 5 years of progressive job-related Human Resources experience including leadership training and/or staff development required.
Strong ability to lead and apply organizational and change theories.
Excellent facilitation, public speaking, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
Must be very “hands on” and demonstrate leadership by example.
- Reputation for sound values, vision and integrity.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, senior management and the general Mohawk population. Ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to convene and facilitate teams and to negotiate deliverables with a wide range of program constituents and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, work well under deadline pressure and maintain confidentiality. Exceptional attention to detail in developing plans, compiling statistics and data, and composing and preparing program-related materials. Excellent organization skills with the ability to adapt successfully to change and established priorities.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility. Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions. Persistence and willingness to take calculated risks, to stimulate, and to market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively provide leadership and support to a diverse work group, along with the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others. Demonstrated ability to energize multidiscipline work teams to achieve desired results through team efforts.
- Facilitator of diverse groups of direct and indirect reports
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- Work environment ranges from normal office, to manufacturing plant, to warehouse facility.
- Travel required
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Back to top