MANAGER MAINTENANCE II
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Leads the maintenance and engineering department in a new and innovative porcelain tile manufacturing facility. Establish and cascade goals and objectives to drive the business and support all departments through real-time, preventative and predictive maintenance plans. The primary focus of the Maintenance Manager is to build a cohesive and innovative team, and significantly improve the reliability of all machinery systems within the facility, all while keeping safety as a core value and driving product integrity to world class levels.
LEADERSHIP DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key leader in the development and implementation of safe work practices, as well as setting safe condition standards and driving a proactive approach to identifying and eliminating hazards before they occur.
- Key support member to the safety department when it comes to fabricating and building project needs for the facility and team members.
- Supports the purchasing department through part and equipment knowledge, as well as building vendor relationships.
- Drives team member and technician growth through continued training, pillar and efficiency evaluations and our apprenticeship program.
- Works directly with operations and technical to understand product integrity needs, and sets forth proactive walks and checklists to ensure we are driving waste out of the system and increasing plant recovery.
- Lead and mentor the Supervisors and Engineers that report through this position by offering career coaching, project and performance evaluation and leadership training.
OPERATING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages plant support equipment utilized to ensure we are operating well within limits of environmental compliance.
- Supports the plant preventative maintenance program by creating both planned and offline maintenance tasks, team member involvement and post-PM efficiency and effectiveness measures.
- Leads the Management of Change for all plant projects, rebuilds and planned shutdown maintenance actions.
- Provides coordination of support services for fabrication, machining and electrical with both in-house talent and contracted services.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education, Knowledge & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering preferred)
Applied working knowledge of time, condition and predictive based maintenance processes, preferred
Working knowledge of Analytical Process Mapping, preferred
Minimum 2 years of experience delivering results inside a tile manufacturing facility, required, within maintenance or engineering departments are preferred.
Demonstrated competency managing Technicians who are experienced primarily in electromechanical machinery, electrical, and PLC programming in a consumer products plant, required
Experience with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), preferred
Experience managing P.M. (preventative maintenance) practices, preferred
Experience coaching, mentoring, motivating and managing employees’ skills development using training matrices, required
Experience proactively leading and coaching teams to solve problems, utilizing automatic line monitoring and other reliability improvement processes, required
Willingness and ability to work hours in a 24/7 operation as needed to meet business demands, required
- Experience with SAP, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint, preferred
Core competencies include good communication and problem solving skills, mathematical aptitude, data analysis and interpretation, and ability to prioritize. Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets. Strong/Proven interpersonal skills a must. Effective and persuasive communications skills both written and verbal required.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
For more information about Dal-Tile, visit our website at www.daltile.com
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top