MANAGER FLEET OPERATIONS
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Direct, manage, and coordinate logistics, transportation, and customer service activities. Lead strategic planning for the group while maintaining focus on safety along with controlled profitable growth of the Sunnyvale facility.
- Responsible for overseeing the transportation management process, defining strategy, and implementing sound business practices and principles which match the company’s vision.
- Continuously challenge the status quo and develop new strategies to reduce cost and improve efficiencies.
- Grow and maintain transportation operations and ensure business needs are met.
- Manage customer service and pickup/delivery schedules to allow Mohawk a competitive advantage in the marketplace by resolving critical customer and vendor issues.
- Ensure the company thru the Transportation Safety Department remains in compliance with all local, state, and federal transportation rules and regulations.
- Obtain operational success thru development, implementation, and enforcement of operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguard mobile assets by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Motivate, organize, and encourage teamwork to ensure company goals are met.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as individual situations dictate.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Transportation/Logistics Management.
- 10 years verifiable transportation or logistics management experience in lieu of degree.
- Critical thinker with experience in change management
- Proficient in standard business office software.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple situations by prioritizing company needs.
- Ability to lead and manage staff.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, diplomacy, analytical ability, and professional demeanor.
- Confidence to conduct presentations to diverse groups.
Back to top