Manager Fleet Maintenance
This position is a supervisory role responsible for the overall performance and operational safety of company owned assets. Through Peoplenet performance reporting this role will work closely with ops and OEM vendors to reduce maintenance costs and drive efficiencies for the fleet. Will have direct responsibility, in conjunction with our maintenance vendors, on enforcing warranty contracts and holding OEM’s accountable for reimbursements. High level oversight of service, parts, maintenance staff, vehicle data management and organization staff.
- REDUCE MAINTENANCE COSTS OF THE FLEET
- Manage parts ordering & procurement process
- Develop priority Repair process for Fleet Assets
- Approve repair decisions based on diagnosis of Service Department
- Work closely with Operations Managers to schedule monthly routine down time during non-peak hours and hold maintenance vendors accountable for PM’s at these times.
- Manage Rental PM process
- Manage all past due PM’s and will have direct control to ground vehicles from operations that are past due
- Manage all damage of owned, leased and rental equipment
- 24/7 decision making responsibility regarding “tow or repair” and accident investigation.
- Must stay knowledgeable of new emissions and DOT regulations along with latest and greatest technology trends.
- Manager year to year specification input regarding new purchases of company owned assets.
- Ability to use historical data analysis along with personal experience.
- ANALYZE FLEET DATA
- Analyze Fleet Data based on maintenance/revenue ratio
- Make suggestions on fleet retirement based on R.O.I
- Assist in developing additional metrics in managing fleet maintenance
- Analyze actual maintenance versus allocated maintenance
- College or trade school specific to diesel fleet maintenance degree preferred High school diploma or equivalent
- 4-5 years of logistics experience preferred
- Extensive diesel maintenance background
- Knowledge of DOT and EPA regulations governing FMCSA
- Prior fleet management
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top