MANAGER FIELD SERVICES I
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
- Field services for Mohawk's North American Flooring Commercial products; carpet, hardwood and luxury vinyl tile.
- Partner with claims, customer service, sales, manufacturing, and end-user to resolve issues.
- Develop marketing materials to support field services (i.e. installation guidelines, warranties, etc.)
- Assist and often perform field correctional services such as inspection, shearing, color-blending, etc.
- Conduct training classes with outside vendors.
- Develop and test adhesives.
- Make mass presentations to customers and sales staff regarding installation, maintenance and other issues.
- Conduct trials and issue recommendations to product development and manufacturing regarding new products.
- Supervise and train field service technicians and coordinators.
- Supervise and provide on-site installation expertise for large and/or difficult jobs.
- Develop marketing materials to support field services – installation guidelines, warranties, etc.
- Assist and often perform field correctional services – inspection, shearing, color blending, etc.
- Conduct certification classes with outside vendors.
- Develop process improvement initiatives based on key drivers of satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job and 6+years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
- 5+ years experience in an environment working directly in customer support
- Minimum of 3 years' lead or supervisor experience role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Knowledge of flooring organizational and functional operating structure, products (carpet, hardwood and luxury vinyl tile), administrative procedures and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication, negotiation and presentation skills in order to effectively interact with senior management and internal & external customers
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated people skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group to achieve results individually and through team efforts. Desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery and stand for long periods of time.
- Bending, crouching and stooping may be required.
- Must also be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities.
Work environment may vary from normal office environment to a noisy,high traffic manufacturing production & distribution environment.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends and holidays.
- 50 - 60% travel, mostly in US and Canada. 2 - 5 days at a time.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Frederic provides flooring products and smart strategies to Mohawk Industries client businesses in the Houston, Texas area in order to drive sales and support his accounts' success.
Back to top