MANAGER ENGINEERING SERVICES II
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Lyerly, GA Facility
Responsible for providing support and assistance to Manufacturing Plant in developing and implementing plans for major capital improvements and maintenance projects in the manufacturing process. This position provides project management for multi-disciplinary engineering functions in the areas of operating budgets, measurement and control of project performance against goals regarding capacity, efficiency, quality and safety for capital and maintenance projects. The position provides guidance for compliance of all applicable regulations of the Regulatory Government Agencies. Acts as resource for designing and installation of new/enhanced systems.
- Utilizes engineering studies and Company methodology to determine and define the project plan requirements. Duties may include:
- Ensures manufacturing project engineering designs comply with codes, standards and regulations for Local, State and Federal Regulating Authorities along with FM Global.
- Provides technical engineering evaluation and verification for Steam, Natural Gas, Potable Water, Liquid Propane, Chilled Water and Compressed Air Systems to ensure compliance to National Engineering Standards.
- Provide engineered solutions and root cause analysis for complex manufacturing and support equipment issues for production facilities within Area of Responsibility.
- Assess the overall value of manufacturing capital improvements and maintenance projects.
- Develops projects plans including budgets and schedules in order to meet contractual/project requirements.
- Prioritizes multiple schedules and project deliverables through consensus building and cooperation.
- Continuously analyze costs and develop cost reduction plans for capital improvements and maintenance projects; provide support to facility managers in the implementation of cost reduction initiatives as needed.
- Performs a variety of financial analyses associated with cost reduction efforts and total production costs. Identifies resources required for assigned projects and prepares justification for senior management approval.
- Ensures that project documentation is completed including requirements, designs, development, implementation, policies and procedures based on the Company methodology utilizing statistical modeling and tracking.
- Monitors and reports performance of the manufacturing project (capital improvement or maintenance) to ensure that all contractual, costs and schedule objectives are met.
- Responsible for the communication of the manufacturing project status to all stakeholders; conducts regularly scheduled manufacturing project reviews, provides timely project summaries and reports to senior management.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related area with at least two years supervisory experience.
- Prior experience in Manager Engineering Services role preferable
- Ability to use sound creative thinking to solve complex manufacturing problems
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills order to effectively interact with management, internal, and external customers. Includes ability to understand technical proposals and reports and make technical presentations to small groups
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems and all assigned machinery and related equipment
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group and achieve results through team efforts. Ability and desire to motivate, persuade, and direct the activities of other.
- Ability to travel as required.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top