MANAGER CUSTOMER SERVICE I
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Lead a customer service team to premier service and delivery in support of the company’s strategic goals. Develops, directs and implements Customer Service initiatives in support of the Customer Experience strategic goals to drive toward the achievement of the corporate vision. Pursue Customer Experience excellence.
- Leads and mentors a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to improve the customer experience and related processes to meet business needs.
- Provides direction to include staff development and training, delegation, project and resources control, teamwork coordination and constructive feedback as it pertains to individual, team or overall performance.
- Maintains effective, productive and professional working relationship with internal teams and external customers and third party vendors.
- Proactively reviews and interprets performance against customer service standards; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; presents reports on team and performance, and other related matters and/or participates in key management activities and committees
- Actively participate in the design and implementation for improved process and operational policies for Customer Service working with related teams and core process leads.
- Directs teams’ workflow and ensures that workflow processes facilitate effective and efficient use of corporate resources and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Partners with sales, sales operations, production planning, claims, Turnkey, financial services, logistics, and marketing management and staff teams to resolve service related issues and develop value-added processes for Customer Service.
- Works directly with sensitive order fulfillment issues. Participates in the investigations and evaluates and settlements of order fulfillment related issues engaging the appropriate departments and resources.
- Conducts root cause analysis to prevent failures and enhance the customer experience.
- Develops plans for monitoring department performance. Identifies deficiencies, develops solutions, and implements action steps to resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction. Reviews processes and procedures and initiates activities to streamline process flow and enhance service turnaround time, productivity and quality.
- Identifies, documents and supports the maintenance of best practices and “lessons learned”, including metrics for assessing progress. Actively participates in the creation and maintenance of internal communication programs and processes to ensure awareness of compliance issues and federal, state and local regulatory activities that affect Customer Service management.
- Identifies systematic problems and implements appropriate training to develop corrective actions and/or systems or process changes that will resolve problems and improve operations.
- Manages resources and costs of team to ensure ongoing operations of the department within established budget, productivity and efficiency standards.
- Provides information and insight into the staffing, financial, statistical and productivity reports for management reporting (KPIs). Prepares information to explain or resolve discrepancies and issues of customer dissatisfaction.
- Seeks opportunities to impact competitive advantage and profitability.
- Lead in developing mission and vision for the department.
- Fulfill and support corporate, division, department strategic initiative by developing supporting initiatives for all associates and supervisory personnel.
- Be the service leader and customer advocate for Mohawk Industries Customer Service
- Oversight and management of all Customer Service functions for Core Commercial, International and Hospitality; potentially residential and other areas that may be added.
- Drives automation (MohawkNet, Mohawk XChange, and EDI. B2B, etc. and process changes to reduce expenses and improve productivity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is required, or seven years related work experience in Customer Service, Claims, or Sales experience including leadership roles
- Or 10+ years of progressively responsible work for specific experience and/or any combination of education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, combined with demonstrated professional growth and achievement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills of driving organization toward premier service and delivery in support of the company’s strategic goals
- A minimum of 5+ years of supervisory/management experience in a business environment of comparable size and scope.
- Sales background or field customer travel highly preferred
- Proven experience in management, planning, organization and development, including leading a team responsible for support of mission critical functions.
- Experience in expense control to plan; able to implement and maximize expenditure of funds while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Experience building relationships and successful interacting with customers and internal teams as well as senior leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service. Knowledge of basic Human Resources laws, regulations, policies and procedures applicable in the day-to-day leadership and development of employees.
- Experience in electronic data Interchange (EDI) in a customer service environment preferred or other electronic customer support systems.
- Supports and takes direction from Sr. Director, Customer Service
- Well-rounded business acumen.
- Must be able to analyze and make a decision quickly.
- Cannot overanalyze, fast paced complex business.
- Must be able to manage complexity.
- Multiple brands, divisions, expectations.
- People, processes and protocol.
- Solution based execution/approach with customers and sales.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with senior management, internal and external business contacts.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, the desire and capability of motivating and directing the activities of others.
- Ability to analyze employee strengths and weaknesses for proper deployment within organization
- Competency to work up/down/across a matrix organization including executive management and customers as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Ability to deal in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to create a vision of the future needs of the department from an internal, sales support and customer support viewpoint and to transform this vision into goals and work plans for the team to achieve.
- Strong personal computer skills with knowledge of applicable software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project, MS Outlook, Lotus Notes.
- Strong presentation skills
Candidate must have Commercial Flooring Experience
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top