MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (MULTI-CRAFT) - DANVILLE, VA
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. P
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
12 HOUR NIGHT SHIFT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other Duties as Assigned.
- Troubleshoots and performs repairs on plant-wide electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Systems include but are not limited to; Electrical Power Distribution, Boiler Control, Dust Collection Control, Manufacturing Machinery Control.
- Troubleshoots Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and other sophisticated equipment with a variety of test equipment including Personal Computers, Oscilloscopes and other test equipment
- Installs and commissions machinery and equipment associated with manufacturing, facility and plant systems.
- Fabricates and modifies machinery components as directed.
- Performs specific maintenance tasks and procedures defined and scheduled by a maintenance management system.
- Participates in Preventative Maintenance activities and projects as directed by Maintenance Supervisors, Managers and Engineers. Assists Maintenance Manager defining Preventative Maintenance Requirements.
- Provide assistance to other Maintenance Personnel as necessary
- Performs other duties assigned.
Education & Skills:
- AS Degree in Industrial Automation or Engineering preferred
- 5-Years minimum industrial maintenance, automation and control experience
- Demonstrated ability to read machinery documentation, blueprints and schematics.
- Electrical and electronic troubleshooting skills including PLCs and VFDs
- Advanced Personal Computer (PC) skills
- Minimum 5 –Years Industrial maintenance, automation and control experience
- General Mechanical Aptitude required. Must have an understanding of maintenance shop tools and use of them.
- Welding, drilling, tapping and other fabricating abilities required
- Must be able to read, comprehend and perform as directed
- Capable of lifting 100 lbs.
- Must be able to climb and work at heights up to 120 ft.
- Required to work in extreme climate conditions, Hot, Cold, Rain, Snow, Etc.
Back to top