Maintenance Technician - Mechanical (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Perform maintenance activities to ensure safe, reliable plant operations.
- Perform maintenance activities to ensure safe, reliable plant operations.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment of the trade.
- Must possess basic mechanical knowledge.
- Must show interest in learning new skills and a positive work attitude.
- Complete all Safety Training Programs.
- Must complete all Forklift, Volvo and JLG Training.
- Must work satisfactorily with ALL other persons in a support capacity.
- Knowledge of all Plant Locations
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical blueprints and schematics.
- Must have a good working knowledge and understanding of the Process Flow within ALL departments.
- Must understand and follow ALL Preventive Maintenance Programs and the Work Order System.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Fans, Pumps, Cylinders, Bearings, etc.
- Must be proficient in welding (Stick and Mig) also good Torch skills.
- Must be able to disassemble and rebuild pumps, bearings, cylinders etc. this is to include the proper setup.
- Must have a good working knowledge of “Basic Grease and Oil Technology”.
- Must be able to fabricate or repair small parts as required.
Please Note: This is a rotating Night Shift position. 7 pm - 7 am
High School Diploma or equivalent plus Two years of technical college in industrial mechanics
Minimum of three years work experience in a related industrial field.
Must be self motivated, dependable and have a basic knowledge of all aspects of mechanical maintenance.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to push or pull 75 pounds.
Must have vision of 20/50 (corrected or not).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top