MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III - THOMASVILLE, NC
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. P
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance, paid holidays and vacation, 401(k) and much more!
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Primary Objective of this position: Provides mechanical and electrical support to ensure efficiency and quality in the production of the laminate planks.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Monitors and reacts in a timely manner to routine demand maintenance requirements.
- Participates in routine Preventative/Predictable Maintenance.
- Troubleshoots equipment stoppages and reacts accordingly.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical test equipment.
- Assists with manufacturing during product change-over.
- Plans, assists, documents, and implements process improvement techniques and devices.
- Utilizes machining, electrical and mechanical trade skills to complete daily tasks.
- Communicates with production and other various customers as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- Formal training and practical experience in an industrial setting as a Production Technician.
- Associates degree in applied technology in industrial/manufacturing or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years practical hands on experience in an industrial setting
- Experience with high pressure hydraulics, pneumatics, and automated material handling utilizing 480VAC VFD’s, and PLC control logic troubleshooting
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various optimization projects from conception to completion
- Ability to produce technical reports and update drawings
- Light machining and welding skills
- Light fabrication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to interpret and produce mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
Back to top