Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Maintenance Technician performs complex mechanical duties on machines and equipment needed for production and performs some electrical troubleshooting as necessary
Advanced electrical wiring trouble shooting and short circuit protection system knowledge.
- Knowledge of VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) and programming them.
- Basic PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) lay out and trouble shoot.
- Knowledge of process control instrumentation and familiarity with the common PC application.
- Dismantles machines and performs repairs.
- Makes necessary machine adjustments for proper operation.
- Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance procedures.
- Basic machine shop knowledge (using Lathes, End mills, Drill press machines)
- Performs skilled welding (stick, mig, etc) and plumbing repairs.
- Performs maintenance of powered industrial trucks including mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Informs supervisor of operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required
Education and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two year Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance field perferred.
- Knowledge of welding and pipe fitting techniques preferred.
- Knowledge of gas control systems preferred.
- Prior experience performing maintenance in an idustrial or similar environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to read and understand procedures in English.
- Ability to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Ability to use and read measuring tools.
- Ability to assemble components from drawings.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k Employee Purchase Discount Tuition Reimbursement
Back to top