Maintenance Technician - Electrical (Unilin US MDF)
Being an industry leader would not be possible without a winning team. Unilin US MDF is constantly looking for creative, innovative, and enthusiastic winners like yourself to join our team in the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics/Supply Chain. We offer a variety of challenging and exciting career opportunities at our different operations facilities locations and headquarters office in Dallas, TX. Unilin US MDF is dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining winning team members in every aspect of our business. Start your career search today and find the perfect fit!
Perform electrical maintenance activities to ensure safe, reliable plant operations.
- Perform electrical maintenance activities to ensure safe, reliable plant operations.
- Has the knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment of the trade.
- Understanding the principles and theory of Electricity.
- Understands the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the electrical trade.
- Understands the regulations governing electrical installation and equipment fir North Carolina and the National Electrical Code.
- Understands basic electrical controls including but not limited to Relays and RLL (Relay Ladder Logic), limit switches, overloads and proximity switches.
- Has the basic understanding of PLC’s (How does a PLC work?). What is ladder logic? (How to read Ladder Logic).
- Must be able to read a simple Ladder Logic Program that uses basic instructions and timers.
- Must be able to troubleshoot a motor control circuit and motor.
- Must be able to read a US electrical drawing or schematic.
- Must complete all fire and safety programs.
- Must complete all Forklift, Volvo and JLG training.
- Must work satisfactorily with all other persons, this would be in a support position.
- Must be able to name All Unilin Electrical Room Locations.
- Must be able to name functional letter of PLC that controls various parts of our process.
- Should have completed an introduction course to SLC 500 and Control Logix PLC or have equivalent experience.
- Must be able to go online with PLC’s in the plant using RSLINX (Serial Cable, Ethernet and DH+).
- Must understand the “Process” at Unilin within each Department.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Plant Power “Single Line” drawings.
- Should be able to read European Electrical Drawings
- Must understand and follow Unilin’s Preventive Maintenance Program and Work Order System.
- Must be able to properly calibrate a 4-20mA instrument
- Must be able to explain how the VRC I to P Controls the “GTS Dampers”.
- Must be able to go online with RSNet Worx for DeviceNet to troubleshoot DeviceNet problems.
- Must be able to modify a PLC Program to add a jumper or disable a rung.
- Should have a good working knowledge of the Plant ControlNet Back Bone and how to troubleshoot it.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the Plant Production Ethernet Back Bone.
- Should have completed the ControlLogic Maintenance troubleshooting class.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a rotating Day shift position, 7 am - 7 pm
Must have 3 years work experience in a related industrial field or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
Must possess an understanding of all electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection, and steel toe shoes.
Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Must be able to push or pull 75 pounds.
Must have vision of 20/50 (corrected or not).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top