Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Maintenance Tech I performs various mechanical duties on machines and equipment needed for production.
- Approaches all tasks and duties with the mindset that ensures safety is built in to every process so that ergonomic, environmental, and overall hazard reduction is achieved for themselves and their team members.
- Approaches all tasks and duties with the mindset of reducing waste while looking for opportunities that improve efficiency and overall product quality.
- Examines machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble.
- Maintains a “continuous improvement” mindset when working on equipment, always looking for a better, safer way, and communicates best practices.
- Dismantles or partially dismantles machines and performs repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
- Replaces broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock.
- Reassembles machines and makes necessary adjustments for operation.
- Installs or repairs water, steam gas, or other types of pipe and pipe fittings; cuts various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with chisel and hammer or oxyacetylene torch or pipe cutting machines; threads pipe with stocks and dies; bends pipe by hand drive or power drive machines; assembles pipe with couplings and fastens pipe to hangers.
- Hydraulic; Sets-up and operates standard machine to make parts, tools in the machine shop.
- Performs welding; light electrical jobs and other duties as required to maintain our manufacturing and office facilities.
- Maintains historical service records on powered industrial trucks.
- Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance procedures.
- Informs supervisor of operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
- Follows standard operating and safety procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
High school diploma or GED required.
3 or more years of industrial maintenance experience.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core Competencies include routinely working at a height that requires fall protection.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Back to top