MAINTENANCE TECH III
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Maintenance Tech III performs complex mechanical duties and a variety of electrical trade functions in the installation, maintenance, repair and/or distribution of electrical energy. Installs, maintains and replaces electronic programmable controllers in a manufacturing environment.
- Approaches all responsibilities with the mindset that ensures safety is built into every process task, factoring ergonomics, environmental and hazard elimination into the work steps of the team and themselves.
- Understand their ability to directly increase overall product quality and integrity, while ensuring that process and product waste are driven to elimination through their skill and intervention.
- Basic knowledge of advanced CX programming (OMRON PLC).
- Ability to trouble shoot PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller) using hand held device or laptop.
- Design and redesign program and software (PLCs, operator panels, etc).
- Basic knowledge of formatting hard drives and installing to the computers (Computer Setup) and PC application.
- Installs, maintains or repairs equipment for the generation, distribution or utilization of electrical energy in a manufacturing environment.
- Locates and diagnosis trouble in electrical systems or equipment working from blue prints, drawings, layouts or other specifications.
- Works standard computations related to load requirements of wiring and/or electrical equipment.
- Basic knowledge of Serial port communication systems (RS-232, RS-485, etc).
- Basic knowledge of VFD’s (Variable Frequency Drives) of different types (OMRON, YASKAWA, MITSBUSHI, etc).
- Basic knowledge and experience of process control instrumentation devices (thermocouples, pressure switches, etc).
- Basic knowledge of Servomotors and drive units.
- Continuously reviewing their respective area for ideas and thoughts that will drive productivity and reduce costs within the organization, and be able to professionally speak to their solution for improvement.
- Basic knowledge and experience of Process improvement (Plan and submit process improvements and execute the plan).
- Ability to lead projects and complete them successfully, returning equipment to production operating safely and efficiently.
- Uses a variety of electrician’s tools including measuring and testing instruments.
- Informs supervisor of operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
- Follows LOTO procedures, JHA’s, and Standard Operating Procedures as well as looks for continuous improvement in the process task.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Knowledge of electrical code. Formal PLC training preferred.
Associate degree in industrial electronics preferred.
Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office).
5 or more years of ceramic experience in electrical and PCL experience.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core Competencies include routinely working at a height that requires fall protection.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top