MAINTENANCE TECH II
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Maintenance Tech II performs complex mechanical duties on machines and equipment needed for production and performs some electrical troubleshooting as necessary.
- Approaches all responsibilities with the mindset that ensures safety is built into every process task, factoring ergonomics, environmental and hazard elimination into the work steps of the team and themselves.
- Increases overall product quality and integrity, while ensuring that process and product waste are driven to elimination through their skill and intervention.
- Installs and/or repairs a variety of electrical equipment such as: generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, and transmitting equipment.
- Dismantles machines and performs repairs to return them safe and efficient operation.
- Makes necessary machine adjustments for proper operation after solid analytical troubleshooting has been completed.
- Conducts scheduled preventative maintenance procedures.
- Basic machine shop knowledge (using Lathes, End mills, Drill press machines).
- Performs skilled welding (stick, mig, etc) and plumbing repairs.
- Continuously reviews assigned areas for ideas and suggestions that will drive productivity and reduce costs within the organization.
- Informs supervisor of operational status of equipment and notifies of any problem areas.
- Follows LOTO procedures, JHA’s, and Standard Operating Procedures as well as looks for continuous improvement in the process task.
- Keeps work area safe, clean and organized.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Advanced electrical wiring trouble shooting and short circuit protection system knowledge.
Knowledge of VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives) and programming them.
Basic PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller) lay out and trouble shoot.
Knowledge of process control instrumentation and familiarity with the common PC application.
Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
4 or more year’s industrial electro- mechanical maintenance experience.
Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
- The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- The noise level is usually loud.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core competencies include routinely working at a height that requires fall protection. Ability to formulate and effectively communicate solutions to operational and mechanical issues.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Company Match on 401k
Employee Purchase Discount
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Back to top