MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - MT GILEAD, NC - 1ST SHIFT
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Quick-Step and Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.P
Mohawk Industries, Inc offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Provide the leadership to safely direct and coordinate the activities of the maintenance crews, to maintain manufacturing operations at optimal efficiency at the lowest possible cost. These activities include repair, preventative and predictive maintenance, alterations, improvements and protection of all Company assets to ensure economical and continuous operations. Create and maintain a harmonious relationship between self and others. Handle self and situations in an orderly and professional manner.
- Direct and participate in day-to-day activities of all maintenance personnel including lead men, day shift personnel and off shifts to ensure reliable plant operations.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Planner & Superintendent, Reliability department and production leadership to ensure all maintenance are being met in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safety and work effectiveness of fellow workers.
- Must be able to direct people effectively and promote a positive attitude.
- Assume a personal ownership role and the responsibility, as part of the Mohawk MDF facility. Show support for all management decisions with a positive attitude.
- Organize work flow and coordinate several jobs to simultaneous completion.
- Ensure all maintenance paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Keep Maintenance Superintendent, maintenance staff and production persons informed of all activities.
- Ensure an ongoing review of mechanical systems to maintain a high standard of reliability and production operations.
- Delegate authority and responsibility to team members and also hold them accountable.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in all areas.
- Encourage team members to look for, plan and develop new ideas that will improve safety, operations and or reduce costs.
- Provide an atmosphere for teamwork and maintain a harmonious working relationship with maintenance staff, peers and other departments.
- Keep all equipment operating safely, in a good state of repair and operating efficiently.
- Make certain all team members do their jobs safely and perform all assigned duties within the time allotted for each job.
- Investigate all equipment failures to determine the safest and most efficient repair options. Communicate that information, including estimated completion time to all affected personnel and plant management team. Direct maintenance personnel as required to complete the repair and meet the estimated time line.
- Ensure that all safety and environmental standards are being strictly adhered to at all times.
- Perform safety and environmental training for maintenance personnel.
- Participate in plant safety walk through and audits.
- Participate in incident/accident investigations.
- Ensure all corrective actions are served within a timely manner. (within 2 weeks)
- Ensure all schedules are accurate in Kronos and any deviations during the week are emailed to HR and entered into the system.
- Create work orders from notifications in SAP with production during daily approval meeting
- Prioritize work for the down days
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years minimum experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing setting.
- 2 years supervisor experience
- Must have strong communication and listening skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must be self motivated and organized.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of all aspects of Maintenance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to push or pull 50 lbs frequently and up to 80 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to make repetitive motions involving twisting and turning.
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time on concrete.
- Must be able to kneel and bend over frequently.
- Must be able to climb on and work around machinery resulting in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to use hand tools frequently.
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures up to 110 degrees and dusty environment.
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders, multiple flights of stairs and work off elevated surfaces.
- Must not have any limitations in regards to working in confined spaces or wearing a respirator for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear hearing protection, eye protection and steel toe shoes.
- Must have vision of 20/50 with corrective lenses if needed.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top