Maintenance Supervisor II (SVL 1)
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
We are currently sourcing two Maintenance Supervisor II to join our team in Sunnyvale, TX. Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. This position supervises the activities of hourly maintenance technicians and equipment to ensure continual operation for assigned areas throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Supervises hourly personnel involved with maintenance, repair, programming and servicing of plant facilities and equipment.
- Ensures training as required to maintain necessary technical skills.
- Collects and records data such as requisitions, time spent, tag information, PM, and machine documents as required.
- Assists Maintenance Manager II with preventative maintenance program and helps determine ways to run equipment more efficiently.
- Assists Maintenance Manager II in the maintenance of spare parts inventory.
- Ensures that all safety and environmental standards are achieved. Positions oneself as a leader in safety and improving an organization, clean and safe work environment for associates.
- Regularly conducts safety meetings and pre-shift maintenance objective meetings.
- Develop and implement training procedures and plans to train employees on new processes and equipment as well as improving skills.
- Analyze problems that arise and determine actions that will minimize the problems, decrease costs and/or improve yields, recommend changes, upon approval, implement those changes.
- Maintain performance records on employees, routinely communicate performance to employees and coaches employees on methods and techniques for improving performance, including reviewing time records.
- Evaluate performance of employees, and discipline employees according to company policy as needed.
- Schedule employees work time and vacation time to ensure proper coverage for department
- Work with support groups in Production and Raw Materials to coordinate ongoing support of the plant.
- College or Technical degree (Engineering, Electronic,s or related field highly preferred)
- High school diploma and five plus years of maintenance supervisory experience may substitute for a degree.
- Three or more years of technical supervisor experience required.
- Knowledge of electrical, PLC, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and/or electronic equipment and systems required.
- Core competencies include:
- good communication
- problem solving skills
- mathematical aptitude
- data analysis and interpretation
- ability to prioritize
- computer skills in word processing and spreadsheets
- strong/Proven interpersonal skills a must
- effective and persuasive communications skills both written and verbal required
Back to top