Maintenance Manager (Unilin)
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
- Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspects operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Prepares and issues work order assignments and performs quality control on completed work.
- Supervises Facilities Maintenance Department personnel; assigns work, schedules leave, evaluates performance, provides technical training and support, and provides safety training.
- Directs and supervises contract maintenance services for landscaping, roofing, janitorial, forklift, and pest control services.
- Maintains maintenance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; plans, monitors and appraises job results; Maintains maintenance staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; follows up on work results.
- Schedules and prioritizes maintenance, preventive maintenance and repairs activities of facilities, structures, equipment and events. Insures timely completion of work.
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements by establishing rapport with management, engineering, and production personnel, tradesmen, technicians, and other persons in a position to understand maintenance requirements.
- Directs maintenance operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Provides and maintains heat, cool, electric power, gas, compressed air, water, and dust collection by directing installation of, modifications to, and maintenance activities on utility systems.
- Ensures adherence to and facilitates employee training and compliance with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fundamental knowledge of preventive maintenance, vibration analysis, oil analysis and engineering principles.
- Knowledge of maintenance requirements of air compressors, dryers, chillers, HVAC, buildings, soil structures, and plant electrical systems.
- Working knowledge of SAP, work order software, and CAD programs used within the maintenance group.
- 3-5 years previous supervisory experience in a maintenance or manufacturing environment required.
- 5 or more years experience in a material handling and/or high speed manufacturing environment with full responsibility for all aspects of technology, including electrical maintenance, mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC automation and data collection.
- Proficiency in the use of office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to respond during nights, weekends, and holidays as needed to support maintenance operations.
- Ability to effectively interact with technical people, and manage maintenance technicians and contractors.
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong organizational skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top