MAINTENANCE MANAGER III - VIRGIL DRIVE
Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is a leading supplier of flooring for both residential and commercial applications. Mohawk offers a complete selection of carpet, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone, vinyl, rugs and other home products. These products are marketed under the premier brands in the industry, which include Mohawk, Karastan, Lees, Bigelow, Dal-Tile, American Olean, Unilin and Quick Step.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Oversees maintenance in Tufting and Tapistron at Virgil Drive both directly and through subordinates for the management, coordination and supervision of personnel to manage a cost-effective service oriented team where manufacturing can achieve its goals and implement company improvement. The Maintenance Department provides equipment maintenance and repair for all assigned facilities and/or sites using the most up to date methods available. Performs with latitude for independent action within the framework of the job’s primary duties.
- Plans maintenance operations, establishes priorities and sequences for all repair and preventative maintenance services; monitors schedules to ensure tasks and scheduled deadlines are met in order to plan department operations; prepares operational schedule and coordinates department activities to ensure maintenance services are performed to specifications in an efficient, cost effective, and customer-responsive manner. Monitors and reports daily maintenance related activity.
- Actively participates in process improvement, modifications, upgrade and expansion projects for the facility. Works closely with various departments to plan and coordinate routine, preventative, and emergency maintenance to maximize equipment availability and production output while minimizing production downtime and operational delays.
- Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, skill development, scheduling, disciplinary action, terminations, equipment problems, etc. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work related problems; evaluates the issue and meets with supervisors and human resources to determine the most effective remediation technique.
- Works closely with plant safety and quality teams to proactively identify issues and develop and/or enhance related programs and procedures; ensures programs are maintained, the department and plant is in compliance with applicable law and established Company standards, and the appropriate training and equipment is given to all employees.
- Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets, to ensure the cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers. Actively participates on short-term planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing processes, material requirements, and equipment upgrades based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc. Requires the ability to maintain an awareness of new techniques, methods, and equipment to assist senior plant management in developing plans and implementing policies to continuously improve processes and increase product quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job and 6+years of progressively responsible job specific experience within the functional area that includes a minimum of 3 years in a leadership/supervisory role in an environment of comparable size and diversity.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems .
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement, and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience of skill and expertise required to perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and other basic mechanical and operating problems.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems and using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers.
- Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension and conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group and achieve results through team efforts. Ability and desire to motivate, persuade, and direct the activities of other.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top