MAINTENANCE MANAGER III - HARDWOOD - Melbourne, AR - RELO AVAILABLE
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
THIS POSITION IS IN MELBOURNE, AR
Directs all facility engineering, capital project management, equipment modifications and maintenance group oversight to meet specified objectives concerning employee relations, safety, quality, quantity, cost and customer satisfaction, including environmental compliance.
- Plans maintenance operations, establishes priorities and sequences for all repair and preventive maintenance services; monitors schedule to ensure tasks and scheduled deadlines are met in order to plan department operations; prepares operational schedule and coordinates department activities to ensure maintenance services are performed to specifications in an efficient, cost effective, and customer-responsive manner. Monitors and reports daily maintenance related activity.
- Actively participates in process improvement, modifications, upgrades and expansion projects for the facility. Works closely with various departments to plan and coordinate routine, preventive, and emergency maintenance to maximize equipment availability and production output while minimizing production downtime and operational delays.
- Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, skill development, scheduling, disciplinary action, terminations, equipment problems, etc. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work related problems; evaluates the issue and meets with supervisors and human resources to determine the most effective remediation technique.
- Works closely with plant safety and quality teams to proactively identify issues and develop and/or enhance related programs and procedures; ensures programs are maintained, that the department and plant is in compliance with applicable law and established Company standards, and the appropriate training and equipment is given to all employees.
- Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets, to ensure the cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers. Actively participates on short-term planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing processes, material requirements, and equipment upgrades based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc. Requires the ability to maintain an awareness of new techniques, methods, and equipment to assist senior plant management in developing plans and implementing policies to continuously improve processes and increase product quality.
- Performs other duties as requested by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job.
- A min. of 5 years maintenance leadership experience in a continuous manufacturing environment is required, wood manufacturing facility preferred.
- Knowledge of Mohawk’s organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices, and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement, and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Demonstrated experience of skill and expertise required to perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and other basic mechanical and operating problems.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems and using all assigned department machinery and other related equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with Senior Management and internal customers.
- Ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension and conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Excellent human resources management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group and achieve results through team efforts. Ability and desire to motivate, persuade, and direct the activities of other.
Meet Some of Mohawk Industries's Employees
Sales Territory Manager
Natalia is responsible for servicing around 100 accounts throughout the Orlando, Florida area, communicating with clients over the phone and taking the time to visit them in person.
Back to top